Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Diablo Baby

Did you know that Saturday was World Card Making Day? No seriously, it was.

So naturally, I celebrated by knitting a hat. I had good intentions about throwing in a bit of card making, but then I was distracted by the hat making. While an extremely quick knit, this project did use up all of the time I had allocated to crafts on Saturday.


Hey - Halloween is rapidly approaching, I needed to get in the spirit a little.


The pattern is the Lil' Devil Baby Hat from K. Schmidt. (There is a grown-up sized pattern avaialble too) I had a skein and a bit of burgundy KnitPicks Essential left over from the Falling Water scarf I made last year. The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, but two strands of sock yarn held together on US #6's seemed to work just fine. The only other modification I made was to make the ear flaps a bit bigger.


Heh. Devil baby. Perfect for a little one to wear on Halloween, or if you have a friend named Rosemary with a sense of humor, or if you are feeling a little collicky - whatever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home